Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

run application for 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2003
AU
I got an application that needs to be executed on the 1st of every month for 5 days....and then the 15th of every
month for 5 days.

I can get the schedule task to execute it but I need a script that will "refresh" or "reload" the application everyday for 5 days and then close.

Any ideas?

You could use Windows Scheduler (from Control Panel) to automatically run the application every 5 days from the 1st of the month - I'm not sure whether you could do the second run on the 15th for 5 days within the same schedule, but if not I'd imagine setting up a second schedule event would work fine?? The specific timing details are available through the advanced settings.

If you want the application to open, do it's work and then automatically close each time the scheduler calls it then I think you'd be best to use a console application.

However, I am not sure what you mean by "refresh" or "reload" the application? Maybe you could expand on this ......

i love chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back