Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run an executable after VI Import is successful

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAS200Newbie

Programmer
Oct 21, 2008
US
Hi all. We have MAS 200 version 4.05.

We have a VI job that imports some pricing and I want to be able to run a batch file once the VI job is successful. When the batch file is run it updates a field in a table via a SQL 2000 DTS.

I've been trying to do this with the Perform button in the Configuration tab in the VI job, but I think I'm missing something.

I've tried the following:

Command = ~Update_Flag.exe
Perform On = Success

Command = C:\~Update_Flag.exe
Perform On = Success

Command = C:\Update_Flag.exe
Perform On = Success

Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

The command line should be relative to the server. You can also try using the UNC patch such as ..\VI\Update_Flag.exe with the exe in the VI folder on the server.

Thanks for the reply BigLouie, does that mean that the VI job has to be run from the server?

I placed the .exe in the VI folder on the server and then went to Import Job Maintenance, selected the import job and then clicked the Perform button.

In the Command box I typed: ..VI\Update_Flag.exe

For Perform On: Job Start (to make sure it works after that I will change it to Success)

Clicked on Add and it appears in the Command List. I then tried to run the VI job and I get the following error:

File..VI.VI2JOB.SOA not found.

I know the .exe works because if I click it, it runs fine.

What could be happening?

I had the command line incorrect, fixed it: ..\VI\Update_Flag.exe

Now I get the following error: Error 17 in program at line 65000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back