Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run a CR report from DOS app running on XP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EncinoMan

Programmer
Jun 23, 2006
US
I would like to replace the DOS-style printing in my DOS app (Clipper w/dBase files) by calling canned CR10 reports. Can this be done? Can I (behind the curtain) start CR from my DOS app, pass data to a pre-designed report, print the report automatically via Windows XP, close CR and return to my DOS app? If so, how is this done? Are there other seamless options? Thanks!

See list of 3rd-party tools at:
My DataLink Viewer provides a command line api that allows you to trigger printing of a report. The command line has optional arguments that allow you to specify login info (user id & password), ODBC DSN (if you need to override the default data source), parameter values, a printer (if you need to override the default printer), and number of copies to print (if you need to override the default of 1).

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back