Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

run 32 bit dll on win 2008 r2 64bit and called from IIS from a webpage is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

POSAPAY

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2001
HU
I've been battling this issue for a few days now... I am relatively new to Win2008 r2 and also new to 64 bit.
Got a credit card processing encryption tool of dll and exe file that my website must call.
I believe the dll file is 32 bit...so I've put it in the SysWOW64 folder. (on an older box it used to be in system32/inetsrv
I tried registering it.. got an error of entry-point issue.

From command prompt on the console, I can run it okay in the syswow64 folder.
But it seems IIS when trying to run comspec .. starts out in system32/inetsrv

What am I missing to consider in 64 bit environment? Registration? Permissions? Location?
What permissions would it need for a website to call it?

By the way it is an encryption tool, if anybody knows it, it is called sakide.exe and sakyCrypt.dll
Thanks, -Peter

yes.. that is where I put the file and that was the directory I was in from cmd and tried regsvr32

Got it solved.. I've found a 64bit version of the dll file, and put it in system32\inetsrv and it works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back