Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rules 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
We are migrating from exchange 2007 to 2010. We export the mailbox to a PST and then import it into the new exchange. My issue is when we export the usrs rules and import them back they all have errors. All the folders are there. Any help is appreciated.

2 questions:

What kind of errors are you seeing? When internal people email each other? I'm guessing it's "the email address you entered could not be found" and something like IMCEAEX-_O=REDW_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Joe+20Bates@DOMAIN.COM
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

What you are describing doesn't sound like a migration. It sounds like you built a separate Exchange forest in a separate AD domain and are trying to move your old mail into it. A real migration is relatively painless: the mailboxes move themselves and you don't have to correct all the X500 errors that your method is likely causing.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

By definition you aren't migrating from 2007 to 2010, you're migrating from 2007 to PST and from PST to 2010.

Agree with Zelandakh. Is there a reason you're not migrating straight over from 2007 to 2010? It's generally pretty straight forward.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

The rules I am talking about are the outlook rules like when a message comes in move it to a folder. I exported the rules via outlook 2010 and when I try to import them back in and they do not seem to work. The rules just gives errors. The mailboxes are being moved from Exchange 2007 to 2010. The way it is being done is they are making a PST file and importing that PST into the new mailbox.

Okay, well that just duplicates what you said in the original post. You haven't supplied any error text for us to help.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

I just go to Rules and it says error. There is no further info.

Export the rules to an RWZ and then import them again. You're doing this purely client side by using the PST in the middle so you're not actually going to touch Exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back