Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rules Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

NonProfitTheatre

IS-IT--Management
May 13, 2002
US
Has anyone seen this using the Rules Wizard:

I can send and forward emails to my Nextel phone however, the rules wizard will not forward the email and I have tried everything. Does the Rules Wizard not allow you to send messages outside your own distribution list because it seems that if it's in my contact list, it will not forward. I know the rule works because I ran it using a person w/in our distribution list.

Any suggestions?

I would like to change distribution list to global address book, thanks!

In my experience, (we are using Outlook 2002, and Exchange 5.5) when you set up the rules wizard, it only moves mail within your own organization. Nothing will go outside. There is a setting on the mail server that causes this. The whole idea is if someone is on a mailing list or gets a lot of spam, each e-mail they receive will be answered with the out of office assistant, or whatever rule they have set up. This is big problem because it causes us to be bombarded with even more spam, and angers the managers of the mailing lists. We will not change this setting, we only allow the rules wizard and the out of office assistant to send to internal addresses.

OK, where can we change this option so the rules wizard and out of office can be sent externally???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back