Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rulebase upgrade problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sptiv

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
US
Hi ,
I am having some problem with upgrading 3.6.1 Rulebases to 3.7. When i use wrbupgrade script,this is the messege i get,
already define slot server_path in EVENT in root.baroc
already define slot end_time in TASK in root.baroc
already define TASK_COMPLETE in root.baroc
already define HEARTBEAT_LEVAL or TEC_Heartbeat or MODE or TEC_Maintenance in tec.baroc
. The rule were written in text editor and are working fine in 3.6.1 tec. It's just not compiling in 3.7. Any help will be appreciated.
thanks in advance,
sptiv

The compiler engine in 3.7.1 catches more syntax errors and other errors than it did in the 3.6.2 compiler. Thus the rules will run more efficiently, but unfortunately, if your rules did have some bad programming errors, the new compiler is bound to find them.
It appears that these definitions are already defined and the compiler will not allow for them to be overwritten. Chech for these defined slots in your other baroc files. Also check for and syntax errors. Parentesis seem to be the worst culprit of compilation errors.

Thanks,
Jim Simmons
Level 2 Tivoli Support

Thanks Jim,
We upgraded TEC to 3.7.1 and rulebases too got upgraded and compiled fine which is during the upgradation process.. The problem is solved this way atleast..
sptiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back