Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rule or Monitor to Track Add/Remove Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

robwheels

Technical User
Jul 25, 2001
US
Does anyone know of a way to track add/remove programs with MOM 2007?

1. We are looking for MOM to alert us whenever a program or update is added or removed from a server.

2. Or we are looking for MOM to generate a daily report to show added or removed programs?

I found a script that will list all current applications, but will not compare time periods.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi there,

how about take the script you have, output the list to a txt file, then compare it the next time it runs?
you could even just check file size is the same tbh?

Bear in mind in ops manager, you can't parse non-ops manager parameters..

Let me know if you want more.

Nick

The file size idea is good.

Can it be automated within MOM?

Thanks!

Hi again :)

Yeah, can definitely be automated within MOM, just create your script, and run it as a Timed Script (from within Authoring Space, Right Click, New Rule, Alert-generating rule, Timed Script..)

Remember that it'll have to be pretty much a hardcoded script though, as afaik you can't pass non-ops manager parameters into it..

hope that helps
Nick

Thanks!!

I found something that may work. It was a sql script that listed everything. Saved it as a task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back