Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rule Execution Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobric

Instructor
Feb 9, 2005
US
In GroupWise, if you get "Rule Execution Failed!" message after pushing the Run button, does that mean the rule is defective or there was no item to process?

It depends on what type of rule you had created. Certain type rules would respond with an error because of bad or corrupted data (no pointer to an e-mail). Others could give this error but not mean that it is due to bad data (nothing to process). What specifically does the rule do that you get the error on?

FarOut
V-Peace-V

The rule we are trying to put in place would auto-accept appointments if they are from any one of six individuals. After we wrote the rule, we pushed Run and got the Rule execution Failed message. There were actually no appointments in the Inbox but we are not sure if that is what caused the rule to fail or because the logic of the rule was incorrect.

I should have said that the problem could be from bad or corrupted data OR from a conflict with another rule, not a "nothing to process" situation (my bad). Do you have another rule or rules that could be bumping heads with your Accept Appointment rule? Remember, rules are executed in the order they appear in the rules section. And I myself have had a rule trip itself up by a rule preceeding it.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

I'm currently using GW 6.5 and can't recreate the problem, but on earlier versions of GW I've had that message appear many times because there was nothing to process.

Try having one of those 6 individuals send an appointment then try to run the rule. If you can't ask them to create an appointment, then add a 7th user to the list and have that person send you an appointment. If the rule doesn't error out, you know it works.

[tt]-John[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back