Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rugged handheld 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

petermeachem

Programmer
Aug 26, 2000
GB
I've just started speccing a job and need a rugged handheld. When the vendors describe one as rugged, they seem to mean either dustproof or waterproof. I need one that is van-driver proof. The drivers need to download worksheets and upload parts used so they can be invoiced. The handheld needs to scan barcodes via a built in scanner and have a sim card so it can communicate via gsm/gprs.

I've been pointed towards the Psion Netpad. Anyone have any experience or better suggestions?

Ta Peter Meachem
peter @ accuflight.com

Does anyone have any idea at all about this. I've had a good hunt round other sites and haven't found anything useful yet. Peter Meachem
peter @ accuflight.com

Thanks, that's useful. I need to find some recommendations too, according to the adverts they are all wonderful. Peter Meachem
peter @ accuflight.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back