Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rubber banding audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mat2k2003

Technical User
Sep 22, 2003
GB
For a While, my rubber band editing with sound has been fine, I don`t know why but recently it has made no difference to the sound when played back. I can move the bands to max or to min but to no avail!!

any ideas how to correct this? Thanks

I had this problem. Restarting Premiere solved it for me.

-Volkoff007

Rubberband audio control gone in only one project.

I have this same issue in Premiere 6.0.
I was fortunate that I was able to show my entire presentation to an auditorium of people directly from the time line. All rubberbanding worked flawlessly. I brought my computer home to finish the project and output it for DVD, and no matter what I do I can't get the audio levels to be controled by the rubberbands. I have restarted the computer and premiere several times. It must be a checkbox or something to do with that project because rubberbanding still works fine in my other projects. I can see them and adjust them but the final output has no audio changes. Please, if anyone knows how to enable rubberband functionality in a single project I could use a tip.

I don't know if this is related or not, but I see a pretty big and weird descrepancy between what-I-play-on-the-timeline and what-I-play-once-it's-burned-to-DVD. The rubberbanding does have some effect, but there are overall differences in volumes that just don't make sense.

In the timeline, I have a really nice mix of voices, SFX, and music. When output to m2v and WAV files, and burtned to DVD using two different authoring programs, sometimes the voices are obnoxiously loud, sometimes the SFX washes everythihng else out, sometimes the music overrides everything. I can see no rhyme or reason for it. It's as if my rubberbanding and overall volume adjustments are "rough output suggestions" at best.

Have you encountered this at all?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back