Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RT Socket IP Address change

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomPA

MIS
Jul 9, 2007
US
hi, do you know where to change the IP address that RT Socket uses in CMS, release 15?

need to view it, then change according to a different server. but i don't know where this gets changed.

if you know, please provide step by step.

You need to log onto the cms server at root level, then log in as su and the RT socket setting is in the menu.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

are u sure? i don't remember being able to change the IP address from the menu. once i log in as root, what are the steps u would take?

su cms cms

then (this is from memory)

there is a maintenance or settings menu 6 or 7 and the rt socket information is in there you can view and amend as required

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

You can view it in CMS by logging in as the cms login, executing the command cms and going into the rta menu options, but you can't change the IP address there.

The IP address is in the /ect/hosts file

The RTA configuration uses the host name, not the IP Address so if you are just changing the IP Address then you shouldn't need to change the name in the configuration file.

But for reference, the configuration files are named rta.conf and are located in /export/home/pserv/ [application name]

For example, my rta.conf files are located in /export/home/pserv/rta_iex and rta_geo.

If you cat these files (with a pipe of more: cat rta.conf | more) you will see the configuration pointing to the host name which is defined in the /etc/hosts file.

You'll need to use vi editor to edit the hosts file. Read up on using vi if you haven't used it before, it's not user friendly.

I believe that's all you'll need to change.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

thanks Stinney. that's more along the lines of what i thought. i've never heard of the command "su cms cms". doesn't even sound right.

as for VI editor, i might have used it a long time ago and forgot how to even access it, but i'll look for the documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back