Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSTOBJ command

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot98

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
CA
Hi All,

I am attempting to use the RSTOBJ command to restore a file that I have sent from one AS400 to another.

On the originating AS400 box, I created a savefile called mike and used the savobj command to put the file "PD105L" into it. I then used the sndnetf command to send the file to the destination system.

On the destination AS400, I again created a savefile called mike, and then used the wrknetf command to receive the file.

I am trying to use the RSTOBJ command to restore the file, but am having problems.

Here is the command I am using:

Code:
RSTOBJ OBJ(PD105L) SAVLIB(CMS.CUS15) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(MIKE)

I keep getting the "Objects not restored" error.

Is there something wrong with my syntax?

mot98
[cheers]
"Is it friday yet?"

Is your SAVLIB parameter indeed a library called "CMS.CUS15" (all nine characters)? You aren't intending library CMS and file CUS15, correct? You may want the RSTLIB parameter to specify what library you want to put the restored file into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back