Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaRedMonkey

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2002
US

Hello Everyone,

I created a VB GUI that people can use to RSH login to a UNIX server and run a script. When I was developing it on my PC it worked fine. It still does.

The problem is if other people try to use that GUI on their PC, they cannot connect to the UNIX server via RSH.

Background Info:
I have an account on the UNIX machine with the exact same login as my NT login on my PC. My PC name is in the .rhosts file on the UNIX server.

Other users also have identical login on the UNIX box as their PC. I made sure that their computer IP or name is in the .rhosts file on the UNIX server.

For some reason, it won't work for anyone else except for me. I created a setup package using VB's package and deployment wizard. So, when people use the setup package to install, it loaded and registered all the needed ocx and dll files.

Anyone has any idea as to why the weirdness? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

--DRM

More info:

On my PC that I got the GUI to work is on Windows XP. All others are on NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.