Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rscmpt.exe file in riva tnt2 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayan

Technical User
Jul 15, 2003
US
This rscmpt.exe file consumes huge memory resources on my win-98 p-ii 233 mhz based system with 160 m.b.ram. It is a file which came with my riva tnt2 m64 display adapter's display driver.If killed it shows the onboard memory of my card to be 16 m.b. instead of 32 m.b.!!.
I would be highly obliged if u can tell me about the functionality of this file and if there is a solution to my problem.

It's an nvidia driver related file...suggest you try updated drivers for the video card for mfr.'s site...

Copied from other posts:
<<If you are running Win9x, you must change to Standard PCI graphics adapter
(VGA)
Uninstall all video card drivers via their uninstall utility.
Run &quot;Detonator Destroyer&quot; according to their instructions.
Reboot, install the nvidia 30.82 reference drivers.
If you then see rscmpt.exe again as a service, delete it and go through the uninstall/install process once again.
If it's there *again* delete it, and then run your system as you would to
see what negative effect, if any, not using it entails.>>

a link, if you wanta':

<< This file makes the CPU usage always appear as 100%, when it actually is not doing anything, and it's installed with the rest of the drivers of your card.
Check it in the Windows task manager, you'll see.>>

I have tried all above mentioned combinations but as soon as you delete Rscmpt.exe file your video memory comes down to half of its original memory. There is no explanation found on the Internet. Only people who plays Computer games know that this card has problem whild playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back