Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSA Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTickle

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
GB
anyone come across this...........

Have an RSA card IP etc all configured, I want to set the password, so I hit F1 on boot, go in to the bios and go to set the remote password. However when I hit enter to change the password, I get a message that basically says that the password cannot be changed.

Need to change it as noone knows what it currently is.

Any ideas appreciated.

The password you are setting is not for the RSA. First and foremost, the RSA must be flashed with the machine-specific flash for the server it is installed in. Then, using the RSA Utility Diskette (the same diskette you flash it with) you can set the USERID/password.

The RSA card was flashed and there is no option on the CD to set the password. I have set the password on other servers by pressing F1 on boot and going in to the BIOS, you get two password options and one of them is the remote password for the RSA card.

If you are referring to the Update Express CD, you're right, it's not there. I'm referring to the RSA firmware flash diskette. It is there. BTW, what machine type/model is the RSA installed in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back