Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSA II adapters showing black screen only

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudflap

MIS
Feb 14, 2002
CA
I have 6 RSA II adapters with the latest firmware installed. I can connect to the servers and do everything I need to do but remote to the client. The screen comes up black but never shows anything. I have even checked my java and slowed the rate of the video with no luck the best I could do was get a few characters to show. I have changed the video port from 2000 to 5090 as recommended by IBM..

Anyone else seen this issue.

Thanks

When did you notice that it stopped working? was it after the firmware update? did you update your Java client? Did you try a different browser? Have you checked IBM's server support site for any recent issues with RSA?

It has never worked before and after the firmware update.
I have tried 2 different versions of Java, 3 different browsers and IBM doesn't say much but change the port.

I'll ask a dumb question; Have you installed the actual RSA-II driver and are the RSA daemon/services running for your OS

hi,
which servers have you ? which OS ?
when you say "I connect" do you run a browser at the address
set inside RSAII cfg ?
The screen become black: the one of the server ?

on this doc
video port (2000) is listed inside Fixed .

However this document, if you have not yet, is very interesting.

bye
vic

I'll ask a dumb question; Have you installed the actual RSA-II driver and are the RSA daemon/services running for your OS"

Not a dumb question at all! I hadn't a clue that you needed drivers for these dumb things. I am used to the HP ILO where nothing is needed.. Guess I need to do some more work..

I am using ESX 3.5 by the way...

Thanks
Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back