Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSA Cards - ASU Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLad

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
GB
Guys

Can anyone give me a link to the ASU utility on the IBM Developerworks website as I cannot seem to locate it (seach is playing up also)

I want to be able to run the utility on xSeries servers running Windows 2000/2003 and get information about the RSA card configuration.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

Thanks for the information. I have downloaded the Windows utility and it works ok apart from it does not give me the RSA card details. It says there is an error communicating with the RSA/RSA2 and to check the driver installation.

This server was loaded from the IBM CDs that came with the server and all drivers (to my knowledge) were installed. Would anyone know what need to be installed to resolve this please?

Lad, did you bind the rsa definition file to the ASU utility? You will need to do so before you can use it. Perform a search on rsa.def. Once downloaded perform an asu patchadd rsa.def at the command line.

Thanks for the reply. The only ASU def file I could find on the IBM website was APJTD27A.def.

If I run ASU PATCHLIST, the RSA Patch is already installed but it still reports that it cannot communicate with the RSA card and to check the driver installation.

Any other ideas?

Not true.. Although it says this, I had to add the definition file anyway. Send me your address and I'll forward you the file.

Thanks for your help. Please can you send the file to aalexaad@yahoo.com

Thanks for the email. I applied the patch but the utility still will not see the RSA cards. Any chance you can send me your copy of ASU.EXE as well please?

I am at a loss with this one because there seems to be very little information around.

Hi
I am having the same issue on an IBM x366 server. I have downloaded the asu and the bios definition file ZUJTD65A.def but no use. Still get the error - Error communicating with RSA/RSA2.
Could you you please provide me the RSA.def file and any advice that might be useful?
Thanks
Drew - drewmax@isalazyadmin.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back