Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RS_RUN.ini 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrekinHavoc

Programmer
Jun 1, 2004
GB
We are a client site running ReportSmith v 3.0 as part of a supplied package. One of our reports requires changing the parameters under file/options so that report data memory usage is limited to 99999 records. (We have been told this by our software supplier).

Is there any way that the default RS_RUN.ini file that gets created by default contains these new parameters? We run local versions of the software and through Citrix also, and cannot seem to always guarantee where the RS_RUN.ini file gets created. Therefore we do not seem to be able to work out where the .ini file is that is being used.

This makes it very difficult to change all of these files and be sure that they have all been caught, and to have no more created with the original defaults.

I think you can define where to look for the RS_RUN.ini in the RPTSMITH.ini file

CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Mmm... We don't seem to be using a RPTSMITH.ini file. I guess I really need to know the relationship between the RS_RUN.ini and RPTSMITH.con files. What we are actually trying to change is the Dynamic Data Access parameters.

We use Citrix and ReportSmith 4.2.2.
The change needs to be made in the Reportsmith.ini file. This file resides in the Windows directory on each users citrix home directory. Refer to the options section of reportsmith.ini.
REPORTSMITH.INI
[OptionsSection]
DataAccessMode=3
MemoryUsageMode=2
KBMemory=99999
BufferRecords=2000
This change can be made once from inside reportsmith tools>options...
Then the file can be copied to each users Citrix home Windows directory.
On the stand alone versions each users will need to make the change.
This is the way we had to do it. If someone at your shop is good with scripts that might work.

David Black, CSQA
Sr. Systems Analyst
Teepak, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back