Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RS6000 44P Model 170 on AIX 5.3. Problems when applying ML-03

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpor2003

Technical User
Jun 3, 2005
GB
Hi Gurus,

I currently have an RS-6000 44p Model 170 machine that was running AIX5.3 with ML-01 with no problems. I have now installed and applied ML-03 to the machine and rebooted. I am now having an issue with the on-board Network Adapter. When I try pingning the machine I get Replies and then replies timed out etc.. In other words an intermittent ping rate.
I am thinking that I may need to find and apply updated microcode. Does anybody else have this issue? and where can I obtain the microcode for this machine?

Thanks.

Check that you don't have two default gateways defined

netstat -rn

Don't know why but you tend to see this problem a lot with ML3

Mike

"A foolproof method for sculpting an elephant: first, get a huge block of marble, then you chip away everything that doesn't look like an elephant."

Just of a matter of interest. Is this a known issue IBM are aware of? If so, is there a patch for this problem?

This is not a bug, it is a feature of the OS to be able to have 2 default gateways defined. When 2 default routes are in the system and they are not supposed to be there it is an administrative error.

Jim Hirschauer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back