Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RS2000E Configuration and Support Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eljefe79

MIS
Jul 9, 2001
US
Hello Folks,

I've been gifted with a legacy MSRS2KE setup with no configuration or version control documentation. There's a pre-existing Reporting Services webfarm connecting to a backend report database instance. The parties that be would like to make reports from this DB available to a DMZ box.

I suspect that RS and RSMgr will have to be installed to this DMZ box however I'm concerned about the installation and its' effect on the existing farm.

1) If I install this box to the DMZ will I join the existing webfarm or could I perform a separate installation utilizing the existing reporting DB w/o issue?

2) I believe I must designate the external dns address for the box in rswebapplication.config of the DMZ box so it may locally process all backend queries through the firewall.

3) Finally anybody have any suggestion on identifying the accounts used for the SQL authentication as well as reporting services webfarm. All the config files appear to encrypt the account information.

Thanks for any suggestions,

DGN

You need to contact the DBA team who manages the security for this to see if they know the accounts being used here. If not, I don't know what to tell you. Without the password for that encryption, I don't know how you can get access to that info.

Additionally, I know next to nothing about Web Farms, so I can't tell you anything about that. Sorry. @=(

If you can't google the information you need, check MSDN and Technet to see if they have any helpful information. Or you could call Microsoft's Support line for more information.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"No, no. Yes. No, I tried that. Yes, both ways. No, I don't know. No again. Are there any more questions?"
-- Xena, "Been There, Done That"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back