Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RRAS... I can loggon but nothing else? HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twpb

MIS
Jan 21, 2000
GB
After logging on to my win2k server(from win98)using RRAS I cant see anything in NetWork Neighborhood apart from my self. I can see my domain after going into Entire Network but still no server(& yes i have installed client ActiveDS).
Another thing is that when i try to access a share using the Run command (eg \\serverName\share) it prompts me for a password. What password is it asking for ? I have tried the admin password and loads of others but none are correct.

Can Anyone PLEASE tell me whats going on ???
Thanks

first of all, make sure your workgroup name (on you Win9x client) = Win2K domain name
Next, make sure that you are logging in on your Win9x client using a username that already exists on your Win2K domain... that's why it keeps asking for a password... Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back