Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RRAS - How to enable incoming modem connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalchri

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
US
I have a Windows XP box that is currently providing a modem connection to our offsite accounting office. Accounting then logs onto a separate Windows 2003 Terminal Server on the same LAN as the Windows XP box that provides the modem connection.

I am attempting to migrate this modem connection onto our Exchange, (not DC) server which has RRAS configured. Because of this, I cannot add the incoming connection to the network connections part of the control panel. I am required to somehow do this using RRAS.

The modem that I want to use is listed under the properties of ports (device tab) and is configured to accept Remote access connections (incoming only). This modem is also listed under ports themselves along with the WAN Miniports. Selecting the status of this modem port indicates that the Condition is "Listening".

However, when I dial the phone number connected to this modem, there is no answer.

Can someone point me to the documentation that I might have missed searching the Microsoft support site and Google or give me some pointers?

Thanks for any info!

I did something close to what you are trying using "dial on demand routing" in rras. this was a while ago and on 2000 server. you might want to look into that.

Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back