Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPT File format reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottGS

Programmer
Aug 2, 2001
US
Greetings,

I'm looking for a reference which defines the internal file structure of an RPT file for CR8.5. I am building reports for an ERP package and I'd like to do a little surgery before distribution. Specifically I'd like to zero out the version number and editing time data. This will make it easier to track when customers make changes. This data means little to us internally as I have been copying reports I've previously built and modified them for other data within the application. Consequently some of these have enormous editing time values.

These reports will be run from a VB program and I'd also like to read some information from the rpt files at run-time which has no API available.

Is anyone aware of such a file structure reference?

Thanks,

Scott

I don't think it exists, and that is probably intentional.

I have done some snooping to find the stored name of a subreport, but I haven't seen this anywhere. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back