Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick32

Programmer
Feb 15, 2001
US
Are there a lot of companies using this programming language? Im taking RPG right now and Im having fun and it is interesting.:)

Simple answer, yes.

Long answer, I wish I have time to elaborate, but I don't right now. If you want a longer answer, let me know. Mike Wills
AS400 Programmer

I would have to second Koldark! RPG is very popular on the IBM AS/400 (it's called the I-Series now ... But most people call it the AS/400 for "band name" sake). So to elaborate on your original question is yes, RPG is popular because most "big dog" companies use the AS/400. You would be surprised on how many companies use the AS/400. These are some I can think of off the top of my head ... Pepsi (which includes your ... Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, KFC, and most any other company owned by Pepsi), Coca Cola, IBM (of course!), HP, The big "3", etc. If you want more info on the AS/400 you should go to as400.ibm.com for specifics.

--Ryan

Thanks I really appreciate it !!!
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back