Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rpc over https authentication proble,

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakhriseth

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2006
KW
A while ago I posted the problem below on Google news group, but it seems like no one where able to help, and because I am having hard time giving up on this, I thought that I maybe could get some help from tek-tips exchange support.

I have configured RPC/HTTP according to the following article – but my main problem is that it works from inside the company but not from the outside. My setup is like this.

I have two domain names one called (this is being used for outside access) (this also has a valid certificate) and I use an internal name called serverhostname.inside.com

Exchange server has IP 192.x.x.AAA which is connected to my ISA server that has Public IP.

If i ping to mail.outside.com , it resolves correctly to my Public IP of my ISA Server 2004.

If I use - then I am able to make the Connection from the inside and if i use the real name from the Outside then also i am able to do the connection.

I am also able to get to the website
Everything else on the server works, I can use the OWA from outside through

I configured the valid ports to look at my internal name servername.inside.com.....

i type following command on Exchange Server which is mine back end server

c:/>rpccfg /hd

server Name Port Settings

mail.zzz.com 6001-6002 6004

servername 6001-6002 6004

servername.xxx.com 6001-6002 6004

I configured the RPC folder to use Basic auth, and to use SSL.

::::::ACTUAL PROBLEM::::::
when i configure my outlook , it resolves my name correctly to servername.inside.com.
but when connecting to outlook ...it asks me for username credentials here is where actual problem i am facing , it keeps on askin my credentials and doesnot authenticate.for information i have tried both UPN and UNC format for authentication.
after disabling compression filter in ISA 2004, i am able to get blank screen when i type " which is one of the steps to succesfully test RPC over HTTPS

Does anyone have an idea what the problem is, if you need more info let me know.

--
hope this post helps in solving troubleshoot problems for most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back