Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPC over HTTP

Status
Not open for further replies.

moony8272

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
GB
I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Win XP SP2, I have followed through Microsoft documents about setting up RPC over HTTP but cannot get it to work. The problem that I am having is everytime that I try and check Server name and User name it keeps prompting me for a password and cannot get passed that stage. Has anyone come across this before or has any ideas??

Thanks

try inserting the domain name before the username (i.e. domainname\username)

This has worked for me a couple times. Weird thing is, when this happened to me I tried it from a different computer and it worked w/o putting the domain name in. ???

Use rpcdiag to see what is happening. If the unit is outside the firewall you'll probably find this is a WINS issue in Outlook. Get a temporary VPN going prior to first launch of Outlook and then you can remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back