Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPC over HTTP 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarraghFitzpatrick

IS-IT--Management
Dec 18, 2002
US
I have setup the above on a single server installation.
When I start Outlook I receive the login dialog box. However, upon entering the user name and password the dialog box returns. This constantly occurs until I hit cancel. Of course upon this action Outlook does not log on

Any ideas ?

I know what causes that.

In the IIS manager on the web server, go to the web site that is offering RPC over HTTP and get properties. Get properties on RPC. Look at the Directory Security tab and edit the Authentication and Access Control settings and uncheck the Enable Anonymous Access checkbox. Check the Basic Authentication checkbox. This doesn't mean your password will really be sent in cleartext because it's in the context of an SSL session.

Confirm that you want to make this change, and OK all the way out. You might stop and start the site, but I think the change will work immediately.

ShackDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back