Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPC over HTTP - VEEERY slow to connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

spooties

MIS
Apr 16, 2002
JP
Hi there,

After about 24 hours of almost continuous work, I have managed to get RPC over HTTP up and running, on Exch2003,Outlook 2003,.

However, if a client tries to connect to the Exchange server with RPC, it takes a very long time - 30 seconds on a high speed broadband connection.

If a lower speed(dialup) tries to connect, it just times out after about 2 minutes - never even logs on.

Once it connects it runs very quickly though - what can I do to fix this problem?

My network is one Exchange server doing all RPC functions, and its behind a Cisco router.

Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey - Thanks for your reply. Installing this patch was one of the first things I tried. This is driving me nuts - any other ideas...?

Thanks

spooties

Still sounds like an issue with the RPC proxy. once you get connected it runs quickly.

Other things you might check are the certificate [a month or so back Verisign let their root expire then disabled acces to their CRL servers because they were overloaded], name resolution, and.. RPC proxy config.

Interesting - I am using Verisign for the certificate. Maybe I should try generating a local certificate. Any ideas on this?

Name resolution? It seems to resolve the ip address alright. Unless I am missing something there?

RPC Proxy config? Are these the registry settings? Any tips here? Do you have a config that working?

Thank you very much for your help - I am quite desperate here. Its 2pm on Sunday and I need to fix it by Monday morning 9am. Aargh !

Cheers

another quick question - how long should it take? how long does it normally take when people try to connect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back