Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPC error: remote system error

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasim0dem

Technical User
Feb 23, 2007
US
All the documentation I have seen says to "restart the services" I have several clients that just started getting this error a couple days ago, all are windows based, and all have been rebooted. Before I start pointing the finger to the firewall team, is there anything else I can do, try or look at with this error?

Server version 7.2.1 build 3.14 client version 7.2.1 build 311

Thanx QM

The answer is actually coming from NetWorker's Error Message Guide.

Could also be a network resoulution problem.

You can try communication between server and client by running rpcinfo -p hostname. Yo should try both from the backupserver against the client and from the client towards the backup server. You can also try this to a host you know works if you are not certain about how the answer should look.

communication occurs both ways. RPCINFO -p from server to client & from client to server returns

program vers proto port
100000 2 tcp 7938
100000 2 udp 7938
390113 1 tcp 7937
program vers proto port
100000 2 tcp 7938
100000 2 udp 7938
390113 1 tcp 7937

each client that is failing with this error shows the same thing.

Yepp, looks good. What if you try just with a simple probe from the backup server then?

Run savegroup from commandline with just one client and group:

savegrp -p -vvv -c ClientName GrpName

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back