Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RPC Error. Peace of Mind needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldfuzion

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2002
US
I've a quick query regarding a warning in my event viewer. I'm seeing EVENT ID 9318, with an RPC error message of 1722....

An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 69, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1722. Comms error 1722, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name servername [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14)

With "NET HELPMSG 1722" I receive a 'RPC Server Unavailable' response. The thing is, I removed an old 5.5 server a few weeks back and followed, word for word, Microsoft's recommendations via article 822450 - , which is written for EX2003.
My old 5.5 box has been removed nicely from my Organisation within my ESM, I'm just left with these annoying messages in event viewer. Does anyone know of any required tweaks to remove these? The Message occurs every 10 min, and though have no affect whatsoever, are driving me insane.
Please help and much appreciated!

1722 is generally a failure to connect; "can't get there from here". If the IP refers to a 5.5 server that no longer exists, some reference to the object still exists. You might try the "whack the old server object frm AD with adsiedit" trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back