Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rows retrieving

Status
Not open for further replies.

santosh2natal

Programmer
Aug 10, 2003
IN
How can we retrieve huge number of rows (e.g. more than a million) in a datawindow simultanesously while viewing the rows retireved in the datawindow. (Not using "retireve as needed")?

I am not sure what u are trying to do, 'cause it's a bad idea
to perform a sql to retrieve too many rows. I think u should keep your data retrieved as short as u can.
Think if u have 100 users trying to execute your sql.

Regards.

The life is too short to cry and long enough to try it... God bless us.
[thumbsup2]

I meant, if there are a million of rows rquired to be retrieved i.e. if it is the requirement; then what we do usually is, we scroll down the datawindow till the elevetor of the scroll bar reaches to the bottom. But it starts going up again as the rows are being retrieved. Beacuse of this we have to wait or go on scrolling the datawindow till all the rows are retrieved. Instead doing this
How can we retrieve all these rows simultanesously while viewing the rows retireved in the datawindow. (Not using "retireve as needed")?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back