Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Row source with Criteria doesn't save to bound field

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdesk123

Programmer
Sep 27, 2001
US
I am so confused. I have a couple of list boxes where users choose an employee name. The criteria of the list box will not allow former employees to show up:

"SELECT Employees.EmployeeID, Employees.FirstName, Employees.LastName, [firstname] & " " & [lastname] AS Expr1, Employees.TerminationDate
FROM Employees
WHERE (((Employees.TerminationDate) Is Null))
ORDER BY Employees.FirstName, Employees.LastName;"

The problem is, the list box will not show employees if they are terminated after their name has been entered. The fields are bound.

Example: John Smith's issue was resolved by Jane Doe on September 1. Jane Doe's termination date is September 20. John Smith's issue of September 1 no longer appears to have been resolved by anyone.

What am I missing??

TIA
Gina

You are only showing employees where TerminationDate is null; Since Jane Doe's TerminationDate is 9/20/06, she won't show up.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back