Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Row Level Security - Viewing the generated report

Status
Not open for further replies.

VensCH

Programmer
Mar 30, 2005
US
Hi All,

If you can please help me out,

Env : CE10,SAP and CR10.

We are developing reports using SAP tables (using Open SQL Connectivity), We have situation where we have to control the user viewing based on their respective Branches,

Example:

This report is a scheduled report; the scheduling Userid is having permission to pull the data for all the branches.

Report A: will have data for Dallas, Austin, San Antonio
Venu is supposed to see only Austin Branch Data not the other two. (Branch is a table filed in SAP table fields, GLPCCT.CENETER) but the report is generated for all the branches (Scheduled one and scheduling userid is having permissions for all the branches), when it comes viewing the report in CE10, Venu should view only Austin Branch details, We are imported the roles into CE and these roles are applied at the folder level / object level. But still when I login with my SAP-userid and password into Crystal Enterprise 10, still I am able to see the data of Dallas san Antonio data along with Austin one.

How can I control the viewing in CE? To a particular branch, We have imported roles/ authorization objects from SAP into Crystal Enterprise and I am applying these roles at the folder level in CE.

Thanks in Advance,
Venu

Hi,
The key statement in your posting is this one:

(Scheduled one and scheduling userid is having permissions for all the branches)

Since that user's permissions are what controls what is returned, you need some other way to control the data..With only 1 userid being used, that will be impossible at the database level or reporting level since Crystal would have no way to determine who is viewing the report.

If there are not too many branches, schedule a report for each of them with the appropriate record selection criteria..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back