Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

row level security clause too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

svanukuru

Programmer
Oct 16, 2002
US
In our application, the length of the row level security clause often exceeds the limit that supervisor allows. As a work around, I have set up Views in the database with the security clause as a part of the view defintion and swapped tables in Supervisor(table mapping)... But the problem is that for every slight variation in security, we are having to go thru the elaborate protocol surrounding view setup in production. We currently have 40+ views and its growing into a maintenance nightmare... is there a better way to achieve this..?

Supervisor version is 5.1.4

Thanks in advance:>)

Hi
We had a similar problem in our app. Our solution was to create a user access table based on the BOUSER name. On each table we wanted to secure we added a self join looking up the relevant value on the table keyed by the @Variable(BOUSER)

e.g. table1.testvar in (select testvar from user_access where BOUSER =@Variable('BOUSER'))

You can of course maintin this table outside Supervisor, we tied this in by adding an access mask to the end of the group name, exporting the users/groups and using this as our source for updating the access table.

Hope this is of some help

You need to log onto the BO Tech support site and download a presentation I gave at the BO conference on just this topic.

If you can't find it, email me at skrandel@baseconsulting.com and I'll send it to you. Steve Krandel
BASE Consulting Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back