Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Row Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenman

Programmer
Dec 21, 2000
US
I have a subform that is displayed on a form. I have combo boxes that can be used to change the query criteria, as well as the filter applied to this subform. I would like to display how many records are in the subform. In fact, I would like to make the subform not visible, and just show a count of how many records there are in the subform. In other languages (i.e. powerbuilder) I can just look at datawindow.rowcount. Is there an easy way to do this? I know that I can create a dynaset and do it all internally....but I am so close...I just want a handle on the number of records in the subform so that I can display it.
Thanks in advance,

Ken

The following function will return the number of records in a subform. Change the controls to meet your criteria. It is caleed from somewhere in the main form.

Function getsubrecknt () returns long
Dim rs as recordset

Set rs = forms!PrimaryfrmName!subformcontainer.form.recordsource
rs.movelast
getsubrecknt = rs.recordcount
rs.close
set rs = nothing
end function

Robert Berman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search