Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

routing VLAN traffic accross VPNs. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramii

MIS
Apr 26, 2010
US
Hi, I hope someone can assist. I have a network set up kinda complicated...I have attached a "ghetto" drawing i did over the phone for a microsoft rep to explain how our network is set up. If you notice on the drawing, we have a cisco 3550 layer 3 switch set up w/ 2 VLANS. (10.1.1.x & 10.1.3.x). the default route for both networks is 10.1.1.254 which is the PIX 506. On the other side, we have a Cisco 3825 Router set up with a VPN connection to the 506e. THe network on the 3825 is 10.1.2.254.

All traffic works fine, except i need the traffic on the VLAN 10.1.3.x to be able to see traffic on the 10.1.2.x network. I am unsure what to do to allow this. I know i don't need to put any routes in the switch as all traffic is set to go through the PIX. I can traceroute now, & after it hits the 506, the traffic tries to go to the internet instead of the VPN. I can put a route in the PIX, but nothing seems to work. I can post configs, but only if needed. Can anyone assist in this configuration? please let me know if more info is needed. thanks for your help.

make sure that the crypto acl on the 506 includes the 10.1.3.x subnet and also the reverse on the 3825. post the scrubbed configs if you get a chance.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Thanks...I was able to get a network engineer to assist with this over the phone. Thanks for your tip though...it was what was needed!

beaners. glad you got it sorted.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back