Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing two LANs in one link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2001
BR
I hope this can be solved more easy than explain!

We have 3 offices over my country, this officies are connected to the internet over respectives local telco.

By force a contractual agreement two offices only can access the head office over this links and not to the internet. Only the head office has valid IPs to access the rest of the world.

My question is: Using the actual connections, how can I supply access to internet for the two officies?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Paulo, I don't quite understand. You have three offices. Does each office have its own connection to the Internet?

The two offices with contractual agreements, they have to use what links to access the head office?

Sorry, it's so hard to explain this case, thanks by your patient.
Well, I have a branch office with a frame relay link with a IP class 200.200.95.144/255.255.255.240, another branch office geografically so far from the first with 200.200.95.160/255.255.255.240. Second my link provider, this two subnets are closed in the backbone to get out to internet. But this networks can reach at my head office that has a link to the same network as the two other officies, the head office has the 200.200.60.224/255.255.255.240 subnet. The networks can see one another, but only the 200.200.60.224 can pass to the rest of the world.
The puzzly is: Make the branch officies reach the internet using as gateway the link of the head office !
It's a bit insane, because the all data from/to branch officies most pass throught the link of the head office, but this is the game rule from my back bone provider.
I hope can explain the problem (big problem)

Paulo, the way that I see is is that you have two branch offices that are hooked into your head office via frame relay. All networks can see each other. If this is the case, you should not be too difficult to get Internet access to the branch offices. Either you have a firewall at the head office that is not allowing access to the branch offices. Or, the routing at the branch offices and head office is not setup correctly to pass the information. Look in those places first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back