Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing the same number differently, depending on the calling phone's Location in CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweege

Programmer
May 24, 2004
US
We have a network of several Locations, all on the same CM, 8.1. Each Location has its own Network Region/Location. We have a need to have '0' route somewhere unique, depending on the calling phone's Location in CM. i can do this with vrt tables that contain extension ranges for each location, but would be nice to have something that does it automatically.

am looking at Calltype Analysis tables and finding conflicting info. Avaya's documentation says it is only for calls that are dialed out of call logs on ip phones. i find other folks that are using it manipulate digits in a manner similar to what we need to do. anyone have any experience taking a single number, such as 0, and have it route to different numbers, based on the calling phone's location?

thanks!

One way to do this is to use tenanting. Each site/Nr/Location has a unique tenant id. Tenants can have a different attendant destinatiom.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

we have multi location and just use calltype for all calls, we even use it for 4 digit dialing to Teams etc. so we have 7 digit DNs but 4 digit on site so first choice in call type adds the 3 digit prefix type ext, if it doesn't find a match adds the e164 front end type ars and sends over to the SBC. We also use this for short codes etc. and works just fine

btw this is for Analogue, digital and IP so works ok.

Tenant partitioning is likely what you need -- assign an operator VDN per tenant.

thanks all,

we do use tenant partitioning, but the attendant feature within that doesnt seem to do what we need it to. it requires a VDN with Attendant Vectoring turned on, which then takes away some other features we need. in my testing, calltype analysis tables seem to do what we want. looks like we can route 0 for each location to a specific vdn. that vdn then does a myriad of different things, depending on what location the call came from.

Can you use aar digit conversion?

1000 = loc 1 operator
2000 = loc 2 operator
.....etc

change aar digit-conversion 0 location 2 Page 1 of 2
AAR DIGIT CONVERSION TABLE

Matching Pattern Min Max Del Replacement String Net Conv ANI Req

0 1 1 1 2000 ext n n

-CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search