Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Slips on Word Forms without authoring?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguin1

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2001
US
I have created several Word forms for our management staff to use. Each form needs to be routed to each manager (one by one) for approval. I have setup the routing slips within each form with the manager's name (using our global address book in Outlook). The forms route fine. However, since I was the author, I receive the form once it has routed to all managers as well as all status messages when the form is passed from one manager to the next. I would like the status messages and the completed form to go to the manager that first opens the form and starts the routing.

I have read at Microsoft's website about removing the authoring. I have tried this, but it still sends status messages and the routed form to me. The only way I can get it to work is to have the initiating manager CLEAR the addresses on the routing slip when he/she opens the form and then re-enter the names on the routing slip (this will then show that manager in the FROM field rather than my name). This is imprudent because some routing slips are very long, plus it would be nearly impossible to teach some of our managers how to re-enter names on the routing slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back