Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

98Converter

Technical User
Sep 17, 2001
US
We have a T1 coming from our PBX interfacing to a Cisco 3640 which is connected via HSSI to our WAN (DS3). I have added an access code (ARS) of 8 to our PBX. Then defined route patterns and ARS ANA entries to predetermined office codes throughout our organization as follows:
NY 311
MA 321

If someone dials 3113374 it currently routes over the WAN and to the correct destination.

Here is a snap shot of our ARS entry:

Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
311 3 3 p2 svcl n
311 7 7 p77 hnpa n
31132xx 7 7 p108 hnpa n
31133xx 7 7 p108 hnpa n
31134xx 7 7 p108 hnpa n
31135xx 7 7 p108 hnpa n

Here is a snap shot of our Route Pattern 108:
Grp Frl Npa Del Digits Inserted Dig
1. 6 1 802 8
2. 15 1 802 4 19142723

what we would like to do is have them dial 8 and immediately jump on the router rather than waiting for 311XXXX- if the router is busy then fall back to PSTN as referenced on preference 2 of the route pattern.

If this request is legible - thanks for all your help...

98Converter:

What you are doing is to ask the caller to dial '9' (assume 9 is the ARS access code), then 311xxxx or 321xxxx. Your ARS is routing the call to your DS3 first then your PSTN trunk. I would not change it to simplify it because the PSTN requires the 311 and 321 to route. By using ARS, the users do not need to do anything to fully utilize your facilities.

I may not understand your question. Please ask again. I have implemented the similar scheme but to Asia instead. My problem is after the caller dials '9' then the xxx-xxxx. The caller cannot hear the other side ring back tone. Have you experienced this before? See my post on PBX-->Voice Card.

Thanks

I'm not exactly sure what your question is either. But from what I make of it, you want the routing pattern to first try to route the call over the WAN-connection (trunk group 6), and if that trunk is busy, fall back to the PSTN-trunk (trunk group 15). It seems setup fine for that.

What do you mean by "what we would like to do is have them dial 8 and immediately jump on the router rather than waiting for 311XXXX" ?

I think I cleared my problem up. I used the AAR ANA tables and input my entries there. So if someone dials 8.311.XXXX it will route over the Private Net. If they dial 9.311.XXXX it will route local. If 8.311.XXXX is busy or out-of-service, the call then routes to the 2nd preference which is generally the LD trunk...

Thanks for your input guys... I know my question was very vaque, I didn't really know how to ask it...

Thank again,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back