Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopsy

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2002
AU
I have a query about the best way to implement something.

We have three main sites connected by WAN - head office and two remote sites. Each has their own Exchange 2003 server, but outgoing email is routed to the head office then out via a Unix server acting as the smarthost. We have a single routing group configured with one SMTP connector using the head office Exchange server as the local bridgehead. There are a few reasons why we do things this way, but it all works fine.

We are about to have a considerable power outage at the head office, and have realised that I need to build some redundancy in so that the remote sites can still send outgoing mail. What I'd like to achieve is that they use the current method if the head office server is available, but can send via their own local smarthost if the head office is not available.

What is the best way of achieving this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back