Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing PUBLIC IP to internal PC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalkI

Technical User
Jun 14, 2005
CZ
Hi, I have a network with 1 W2003 Standard server set up as gateway. Right now we are using ISA2004 as FW/NAT solution, no proxy or firewall client. Internet connection is working fine through the NAT (as SecureNAT per ISA terms). But what I need to do is to give one of our internal PCs public IP address. Or at least route everything what comes in for e.g. 123.123.123.123 to this specific PC. My network topology is like this:

ISP->External NIC(public IP e.g. 123.X.X.X range)->W2003 GW->Internal NIC (10.X.X.X range)

I discovered that ISA cant do anything like this(only NAT 1 public IP)so I will have to use other solution and uninstaling ISA2004 is not a problem here. I dont know how do I set up the TCP/IP and routing correctly to do this. I know that W2003 can have several IPs linked to 1 NIC, but I couldnt come up with a functional solution.

Is something like this possible with W2003 and 2 NICs? I was thinking of enabling RRAS instead of ISA an configure this service.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back