Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

routing Outbound calls via dedicated trunk group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2004
IN
hi,

I am looking to route all outbound calls for a group through a Trunk group dedicated for them...this work by creatin partition groups and assigning a pg for each of them. However I have reached the max 8 PG. and am need of creating a few more...

any ideas? please let me know...thanks

You could use an "account code" for the group. Just identify some digits you could use to prefix all outbound calls for that group. E.G. instead of dialing 9 for an outside line, they dial 977. So the number 9 1234 567 8910 would become 977 1234 567 8910.

In the ARS analysis table you would set up a route pattern for numbers starting 77, max digits 13 min digits 13.
In the route pattern delete the 77 prefix and route over the trunk group required.

NB you will still be able to dial local numbers beginning 77 as they will only be 7-8 digits.

Hope this helps.

Ronster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back