Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing my VPN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langusmon

Programmer
Sep 14, 2007
US
I have a VPN account which i use for school, and im trying to route the connection through my computer. So, i will have the internet from my wall, into my computer, and then run an addition cord from my computer to a rotuer, which i can plug additional computers into. This way when i run my vpn connection on my computer it gives my other computers access to it as well. I know a friend who did this, and i know it has something to do with some kind of settings on my computer. I need help in configuring this, if anyone knows the steps i would appreciate it greatly.

Nothing special, other that using the local gateway rather than the remote gateway, if that's what you mean. You can't VPN into a box and have multiple computers have the same access as the one VPN'd in, IE the other computers will not have remote access to the remote (school) network unless they VPN also. Companies around the world would be doing this, and AT&T would have gone out of business a LONG time ago---20 users in an office having access to more than one network at the same time???

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back