Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing long distant and local calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

hypnotic101

Technical User
Mar 21, 2003
CA
Ok here is the situation. I'm running 2 ip offices 500 v7 at obviously 2 different sites. I have them connected with 20 H323 lines. I have some long distant calls being routed down to the remote site for and area code lets call it 555. There is another area code lets call 777 that is at both sites. some 777 calls are local and some are long distance. what i'm wondering is there a way to make up a routing table with local nxx and long distance nxx so when a long distant nxx is being call from site A but its a local nxx from site B i would like it to be routed to the remote ip office and go out there pri. hope this made some sence. I could put in shortcodes for them all but just wondering if there is a more efficient way of doing it. I'm a past meridian pbx programmer and the avaya is relatively new to me.

thanks for any help or guidance
hyp

You do need to use shortcodes, but bear in mind you can use wildcards, look at the shortcodes help and that explains the use of wildcards quite well :)

Untitled-1.png

You couldn't do it using NXX because these are non-unique numbers (e.g. you can have a 278 NXX in both the 214 and the 303 area codes). You must use the NPA for this. And unless your users have suffered a recent head injury they will be quite well aware that when dialing a long distance number they are required to dial the area code.

Location A (555 NPA) 0=Local PRI, 100=IP Trunk to site B
N;
Dial3k1
N
Line 0
(for local calls, your "catch all")

555N;
Dial3K1
N
Line 0
(strip off the 555 NPA assuming it is not needed for local calls otherwise use 555N instead of just N as the telephone number)

777N;
Dial3K1
777N
Line 100

------------------------------------------

Location B (777 NPA) 0=Local PRI, 100=IP Trunk to site B
N;
Dial3k1
N
Line 0
(for local calls, your "catch all")

777N;
Dial3K1
N
Line 0
(strip off the 777 NPA assuming it is not needed for local calls otherwise use 777N instead of just N as the telephone number)

555N;
Dial3K1
555N
Line 100

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

For completeness you might want to add the following so that if people dial the 11 digit LD number and not just the 10 digit number it will be treated appropriately.

Site A
1777N;
Dial3K1
777N
Line 100

Site B
1555N;
Dial3K1
555N
Line 100

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Thanks for the info. You confirmed to me that the way I was going to do it is the only way. Just didn't want to do all the shortcodes if not needed.

thanks
hyp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back