Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing in a wrt54g

Status
Not open for further replies.

travs69

MIS
Dec 21, 2006
US
I have 2 gateways for my traffic to go out. 10.10.10.1 and 192.168.1.1 (the 10 gateway is a hardware vpn, and it's wan port connects to the 192 network for internet accss). Currently I have a dual NIC pc, default route to 192.168.1.1 and static routes for certain networks to 10.10.10.1.
it kinda looks like
Code:
Code:
 Modem
 |
WRT54G
|     |
VPN   |
  |   |
 Computer

(I hope that shows up ok )

I would like to try and accomplish this for more pc's with out using dual NIC's/static routes on the pc's and be able to get to the VPN via the wireless on the wrt54g. I have extra equipment (switches, befw11s4). The other issue is the VPN. I can do anything with the wan port but it has the 10. network and dhcp hard coded into the lan side.
I was trying to figure out a way to get the VPN moved above the wrt54gl and still handle the routing..

I was thinking.. that if I set up another WAN on the wrt54g (I would have to load ddwrt) that I could set up routing to route the networks towards the lan port of the VPN then plug the WAN of the vpn back into the lan wrt54g

so it would look like
Code:
Code:
Modem
|
WRT54G
|/   |
VPN  |
     |
Computer

so what I would need to do in the 54G is setup a 10. wan port and then point a few networks to route to it (for example, 12.0.0.0, 14.0.0.0)

Does that make sense at all?

Any other suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back