Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Routing External mail to an Internal Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

dleiba

MIS
Aug 22, 2001
JM
Greetings,

How would I, using Exchange Server 2000, route an external email message sent to company@companyname.com to an internal address?

Our previous email package, MDaemon, allowed a routing rule to be implemented where all incoming email messages are examined for certain criteria.

Upon finding these criteria, the email message is automatically routed to an internal address.

How can I achieve the same thing in Exchange Server 2000?

Thanks in advance,

Dominic

If your asking what I think you are asking it may be fairly simple. By default Exchange 2K answers to http and pop3 so, If the server has a public IP address all you need is a DNS entry on a public name server to direct traffic back to the IP address. Where I am, we have the Web site hosted externally and use thier DNS to direct mail back to mail.companyname.com and thus we have external mail directed to our internal/external mail server. I'm am working on getting this through a router/firewall in Exchange 5.5. Any tip there would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back