Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

routing DNIS digits on a digital T1 with a call center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jan 12, 2004
US
We have a standard digital T1 with 9 800 numbers pointed at it. We will be receiving 4 digit DNIS. I know that the BCM50 will pass DNIS and then I can do DNIS routing in the call center application, but what if 3 of the 800 numbers are not going to the call center, and I want them to ring on sets. Do I need to break out some channels on my T1 for those numbers, since they will not be answered by CC, or can I route them in a different way. I am not sure how I can treat 12 channels for different 800 numbers going to 2 different places. I am very familiar with PRI and target lines, but not sure about the DNIS and getting to sets outside the call center. We will be dividing the T1 in half for incoming and outgoing.

As far as I know DNIS is reciveing digits and that means target lines to recieve them.Then program them where you want them to ring.

cook is correct. DNIS is synonymous with Recvd. Digits. Build target lines and send them wherever you want, AA or a DN.

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back