Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

routing calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

marius1986

Technical User
Feb 7, 2011
RO
hello

is there a way on which we can route every 10th call to a different CDN? Let's say we have the main CDN for the main application and the 10th call from the PBX we want to send to a survey CDN.
Our config: CS1000E Rls 5.5 with Contact Center 6.0 and MPS 500 as IVR system.
Thx

Yes, via a counter which is updated and stored on every new incoming call.
Create an Integer Call Variable with value 0 and name it f.e. Count_CDN_Calls

The scripting will look like this;

READVAR Count_CDN_Calls
SAVEVAR
IF Count_CDN_Calls = 10
THEN
READVAR Count_CDN_Calls
Assign 1 to Count_CDN_Calls
SAVEVAR
Routecall survey_CDN
ELSE
READVAR Count_CDN_Calls
Assign Count_CDN_Calls+1 to Count_CDN_Calls
SAVEVAR
END IF

Does this answer your question?

Thanks Utreg,

I was on holiday this days. I'll test it and let u know.

And just to complicate things a little further (and these are by no means elegant)

1: The quick and ugly way: Have a PLDN with 10 members, searching round robin. Members 0 - 8 as CDN "A" and member 9 as the survey CDN

Why would you do that? So that your stats in the CCMS were not double counting calls in the master script as it will if you use a route call step.

2: In the script, use a call variable to act as a counter which then increments each time a call is presented to the script. When value = 9 then firstly send the call to either a different application, or to a different section. You then reset the counter back to 0.

Any advantages: not really, just another thought.

hi all
thanks for the replays. I have used Utreg method as is much easier; increment the variable until it reaches 10 and then reset it to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back